Last Updated on December 12, 2021 by SulaBeauty Staff
You must have heard about the popular DND Gel Nail Polish that provides a high intense gloss to the nails and lasts for up to three weeks, i.e., nearly 21 days on your nails without chipping. It is a professional nail polish that is 100% gel, comes in varied colors, and is easy to apply.
If you are hearing about this product for the first time then, I am sure you must be wondering how to use DND gel nail polish? In this article, I will guide you through the process of applying DND nail polish and answer other frequently asked questions related to this product.
Contents on this page
- Steps you can perform to apply DND gel nail polish at home
- How Do You Use DND Gel Nails?
- Why does DND come with two polishes? What’s the difference?
- Do you have to cure DND nail polish?
- DND gel polish swatches
- Do you need a base coat with DND gel polish?
- Can you use DND gel nail polish without the UV light?
Steps you can perform to apply DND gel nail polish at home
Follow the steps given below one after another to apply DND gel nail polish perfectly at home, and it is a straightforward process:
- First of all, I recommend you file your nails and give them the desired shape using a manicure file. I use this manicure file from Amazon, and it does wonders.
- Use Nail paint remover or alcohol on a lint free pad to clean your nails and dry them of any moisture.
- Now, choose your preferred color of DND gel polish, whichever color you would like to apply.
- This is a crucial step, apply thin layers of gel polish, and after every coat, you are supposed to cure under UV lamp or LED lamp. Don’t forget to seal the free edge foe in every step.
- Apply 2-3 coats, as preferred.
- And then, you can clean the sticky base using Acetone.
How Do You Use DND Gel Nails?
- It is always better to apply a base coat before applying the gel polish. So, first, apply a thin layer of soak off gel base coat 500 on a clean and dry nail bed.
- Cure for at least 1 minute after applying the base coat under a UV lamp or LED lamp.
- Choose your preferred gel color of DND polish to apply.
- Cure for another 1 minute under a UV or LED lamp after each coat.
- Then lastly, set the nails by applying a soak off gel top coat like DND 600.
Why does DND come with two polishes? What’s the difference?
DND comes with two polishes for marketing campaign purposes; many brands use this marketing of two different polishes to widen their audience. However, the difference between the two polishes is, one is a gel nail polish, and the other is regular nail polish.
This difference is that most people like to apply it on both toenails and hands. They apply the long-lasting gel polish on their hands and use the regular polish for their toenails. My all-time favorite DND duo is gel color DC055, check this duo here.
Do you have to cure DND nail polish?
Yes, curing DND nail polish is very important; without curing, your nail polish won’t dry completely as the formula of gel nail paints is thicker than others. They cannot dry on their own, and therefore, you require a UV lamp to cure DND gel polish.
You need to know about the recently launched DND Gel Lamp – LED Lamp V3/V4. This lamp is highly efficient in curing all UV and LED cured gel polish brands. However, it is pretty expensive, but I assure you it is worth every penny for healing gel polishes. It comes with a timer inbuilt and a countdown feature. It is non-slip and has pedicure-friendly buttons.
DND gel polish swatches
DND gel polish comes in more than 300 colors, and all of them are beautiful and glossy. However, there are a few gel colors that are more popular than the rest, and here they are; the list also includes some of the recent DND colors:
- 416 Purple Pride
- 411 Shooting
- 418 Butternut Squash
- 408 Pinky Star
- 401 Golden Sahara Star
- 448 Snowflake
- 445 melting violet
- 741 diamond eyes
- 734 Berry blue
- 732 Joy
- 731 Plum
- 729 Ambrosia
Do you need a base coat with DND gel polish?
Base Coat is a very crucial part of the process in applying gel polishes; they keep the gel polish intact and prevent it from lifting and peeling from the edges. It creates adhesion between the nail bed and the gel polish above it. Basecoat helps DND gel polish last longer on nails for up to 3 weeks. Therefore, I recommend you apply a thin layer of base coat before applying your DND nail polish. I suggest this DND base coat 500 you can buy from Amazon, which works with all gel brands.
Can you use DND gel nail polish without the UV light?
Well, there are a few brands available in the market that don’t require a UV or LED lamp for curing the gel polish. However, UV or LED light is necessary while applying DND gel polish if you want your polish to last longer, be smudge-free, and not chip.
Without curing, the topcoat won’t dry, and you need to remember that gel polish formula is thicker than regular polish, which means they won’t dry on their own. It would be best to cure under a UV lamp or LED to harden the coats.
Also, you can cure your DND gel polish using the LED lamp; the process is pretty similar to using a UV lamp on gel nail paints. Apply a thin base coat and then dry it under a LED light for 2 minutes and then apply the other layers and cure it every 2 minutes.
I would recommend this UV LED nail lamp from Amazon, which is highly efficient and affordable; it works the best for gel polishes. Lastly, use a lint-free pad dipped in a nail cleanser to gently remove the tacky residue on the nail to obtain fresh and shiny nails.