Last Updated on September 18, 2022 by SulaBeauty Staff
White is a classic nail polish color that blends well with every shade and season. White is a sign of peace, truthfulness, and a fresh beginning.
For example, in a recent viral TikTok trend surfacing on social media platforms, a user claimed to have started a viral trend of wearing white nail polish. The viral trend allows you to explain your current relationship status or situation based on the nail color without talking.
This blog post will teach you what white nail polish means on TikTok. We will also review the significance of wearing different nail polish colors per social media trends and other possible factors.
Sounds interesting, right? So, read on further to get into the details.
Contents on this page
What Does It Mean If You Wear White Nail Polish?
Wearing white color nail polish implies her current relationship status. The white color generally signifies blank slate, cleanliness, or freshness. However, per the urban dictionary, painting your nails white means that the woman is single and ready to move on and start afresh.
What Does Blue Nail Polish Mean to Guys
Light blue-colored nails signify that the girl is currently in a relationship with her significant other. And according to TikTok users, wearing light blue nail polish is a way of telling another guy that you’re not available anymore. It shows that you are in a committed relationship with your boyfriend.
Different Nail Polish Shades Have Different Meanings
It is said that nail polish colors reflect your personality, mood, and the kind of person you are.
So, let’s have a look at different nail polish colors and learn about their significance and meaning attached to each of them:
- Red – Red color is a symbol of passion, outgoing nature, and perfection. The person wearing red nail polish is instantly taken as a supremely confident personality who is highly comfortable in their own skin.
- Black – Black symbolizes anti-establishment. It also reflects a dark state of mind or depression.
- Yellow – The bright yellow color goes well during summer. It resonates with happiness, optimism, and pleasure. However, it also reflects envy, betrayal, and jealousy.
- Violet – It could be a great go-to option for spring or winter. Violet showcases a solid and confident personality and is someone who’s not afraid to stand out in a crowd.
- Coral – Shades of coral represents a bubbly personality with a huge heart. However, people tend to misunderstand you because of your happy-go-lucky nature.
- Metallics – You would find not everyone carrying metallic colors. Metallic gold is a sign of a good sense of style and glamour. On the other hand, the silver color resonates with bold, feminine energy.
- Blue – The blue color represents a calm personality trait. It also represents a sophisticated and authoritative sense in a person.
Reasons Why Someone’s Fingernails Are Painted White
There are many theories built around this color. As per ancient roman marital traditions, women were supposed to wear white gowns as a sign of purity and virtue and transition to the married Roman matron.
In the 21st century, wearing white nail polish has a similar meaning and is used to share a profound rooted message.
In many cultures, white symbolizes a fresh start or a blank slate. White nails point towards a new phase one may have started in life. It could be graduating from a school or college or starting a new business venture or job. White nails or nail polish mean a female has moved on from a past relationship.
It could be plainly due to the fetish someone may have for white nails. White nail polish goes well during morning events, formal get-togethers, or even during the spring season. Hence, these could be a possible meaning for having white nails.
Lastly, as per a recently shared TikTok video, girls that are seen carrying white nail polish mean they are single. The white nails also imply that the female is ready to start a new phase of her life.
What is White Nail Polish Tiktok Trend?
The TikTok trend of wearing white nail polish came into play after the viral light blue nails trend. It came into existence based on the idea that most guys suggested their girlfriends wear light blue nail polish whenever asked.
Resultantly, in the world of TikTok, the shade started to be used for signifying their relationship statuses.
Hence, the white nail polish trend came into the picture. White nail polish is another nail color for conveying a message without talking. The white-colored nails symbolize the singlehood of a woman. Also, white nail polish means they’re ready to make a fresh start in life.
However, these theories are only accurate within the TikTok world. Do not confuse this TikTok meaning to apply in the real world.
You may choose to wear a nail paint colour based on the way it suits your attire or for the kind of vibes it gives away. But nowadays, people have also begun to promote or spread awareness for specific social causes by wearing relevant nail paint colors.
You may communicate your singlehood, promote harmony or symbolize purity or innocence with the help of white nails. The color resonates with all such purposes pretty well.
So, while choosing a nail polish color, you may have a better purpose than just the physical appearance and fashion statement it could make. All thanks to social media platforms such as TikTok.