Last Updated on July 31, 2022 by SulaBeauty Staff
As someone who has a fetish for manicures and stylish nails, the brand Color street has brought a significant breakthrough in this field of cosmetic treatment.
However, the brand has faced much criticism from its clientele due to the color street problems they faced while removing the color street nail polish strips.
This blog will guide you with a few tips on how to remove color street nails.
Read further to know more!
How Do I Remove Color Street Without Damaging My Nails?
The color street nails have a 100% composition of gel polish. So, they are supposed to be removed just like regular nail polish, with the help of a nail polish remover.
The product is a sticker, making users try to peel it off. However, this can cause damage to your nails due to the presence of adhesives on the stickers.
So, the recommendation is to simply remove the color street nail polish with regular polish remover. That should do it for you.
How to Remove Color Street Nail Polish Strips
Using acetone nail polish remover
- Take some pure acetone soaked cotton pads, and wrap them around your nails.
- Use sheets of tin foil to support the cotton pads and hold for 10 mins.
- Remove the pads along with the foil sheets.
- The color street nail strips must come off.
- Use the cotton pad and massage it to remove any residues.
Using a non-acetone remover for weaker nails
- Take a small jar and 1-2 pieces of sponge. Now roll them inside the jar so that they fill the entire space of it.
- Now add a non-acetone remover and soak the sponges with it.
- Now dip one finger at a time inside the jar and rub it against the sponge to wipe off the color street nail polish strips.
- It’d take 2-3 minutes. Repeat the steps for all fingernails.
The Clip Method
- Cut the tissues into small strips to fit inside the cap clips.
- Soak them in a remover.
- Now use the cap clips to hold the tissues on your nails. Press them for around 4-5 minutes.
- Take off the clips and wipe your nails. And we’re done!
- For any glitter nail polish residues, use a remover soaked cotton pad. And it’ll come off.
The Bag Method
- Take a plastic bag and fill it with 1-2 tablespoons of remover.
- Dip your fingers inside the bag, and then into a bowl filled with hot water.
- Post that, use another hand to rub your nails inside the bag while submerged in the water bowl.
- The color comes off with no sign of residues.
Twist & Scrub Cup
This is a super easy method to remove color street nails. You will find bristles inside the cup; all you need to do is soak your nails and twist them against the bristles. And the nail strips come off in just a few twists and scrubs.
Most of the cups are packed with acetone nail polish remover in them. So, switch it with Mineral fusion for its better quality and tenderness.
Removing Color Street Nails With Hot Water
- Take small plastic bags and add 1-2 tablespoons of nail polish remover to them.
- Now submerge your nails in the nail polish remover by putting your hand inside the plastic bag.
- Take a bowl filled with hot water. While your hands are inside the plastic bag, lower your hand inside the bowl. The pressure allows the nail polish remover inside the bag to surround your submerged nails.
- Now use the other hand to rub the nails inside the bag while still submerged in water.
- This will allow the color street strips to come off.
- For any residue, allow 30 seconds to soak and try to rub it the same way again. The residual color or glitter will come off easily.
Does Color Street come off with nail polish remover?
Yes, it has been recommended by the brand’s founder, Fa Park. Instead of peeling off the stickers, remove color street nails with regular nail polish remover. And you’re good to go.
Color Street nails are an amazing alternative to a salon. You can switch the nail colors and patterns in no time. However, you need to be patient during the removal of strips.
Peeling off the strips is a big no-no to avoid making your nails brittle and weak. The strips can be removed using clips, cotton pads, scrub cups, or gauze.
However, the use of a polish remover is a must. Search and shop for a non-acetone-based remover. They are gentle, protect your skin and nails, and are hassle-free.
So what are you waiting for? Get those awesome nails done at the convenience of your home, and undo them as and when you like. Use color street and stay on top of your nail game.